Sunday, January 27, 2008

Dont steal from me!!!

Ok kids I have finally decided to rant about this whole downloading/internet theft thing in regards to my music. 

I know that there are going to be people who download the music I write. There is nothing I can do about that and I accept it. So if you are going to steal my music that is fine, whatever. I wish you didnt but there is nothing I can do. 

What i DO have a problem with is websites CHARGING for my music when neither I nor my respective labels see a dime from those downloads. Dont steal our money. Thats fucked up. If you are going to PAY for a download of my music, why not spend the measly $9.00 or whatever for it at places that I support and support me? Fuck those russian and ukrainian websites that are charging for my music illegally. They say on their websites that they are in full compliance with copyright laws but that means that they are only in compliance with copyright laws in their countries. Them making money off of something I did is just fucking wrong. 

Look, there are a ton of artists doing what I am doing to varying degrees of success around the world. Some better than others. I understand that someone somewhere wants my music and will goto a download site to get it. Thats fine, steal the music but please... PLEASE DO NOT GIVE MONEY TO WEBSITES FOR MY MUSIC THAT IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH ME! I do not see one red cent from these sites. 

So in essence, if you want my music but you dont want to pay for it, go ahead and steal it. But please do not support these sites that are charging for my release that I have nothing to do with. You can figure out what websites these are by the way the addresses to the websites end. For example the russian sites end in ".ru" and the ukrainian ones seem legit often times containing a ".com" or a ".org" but immediately following that there will be a ".ua". 

Support the artists you like however you like, but please do not give money to a group of people that have had nothing to do with the creative process and only exist to profit off our hard work.

Cheers.

-D

No comments: